Photo via: remodelista.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- My grandma taught me this many years ago. Refreshing towels I use this trick all the time since I noticed my towels smelling funky. It works! – Over time, towels build up detergent and fabric softener, leaving them unable to absorb as much water and smelly. Recharge them by washing them once with hot water and 1cup vinegar, then a 2nd time with hot water and half cup baking soda. This strips the residue and leaves them fresh and able to absorb more water again. Works like a charm! – sublime-d…
- How to fix large holes in hollow doors. Cant wait to do this!
- DIY headboard diyheadboard I made this with photo frames on sale at cvs and kohls. Padded it with twin mattress foam and picked out my favorite fabric from the market. Used a staple gun to hold it together. TADA. Budget depends on how extravagant you want to make it. This can range from $35-$90+ (I spent $68 on EVERYTHING – including staple gun). Merry thrifting! girlonabudget
- Vintage Love!! D.I.Y. Pattern Inspiration * What a great way to use vintage hankies! These would also make a great ring bearer pillow for a shabby chic wedding.
- We’re back to the Summer Tutorial Series today! Here’s where we’ve been: Week 1: Java Gel Stain Tutorial Week 2: Painting Laminate Furniture Week 3: Color Washing Tutorial Week 4: Wood Stain Tutorial And today’s is fabulous. It’s all about that glam metallic look that is so popular today! Let’s call it “glitter for grown-ups”, also known as Pearl Effects. Today I’m making over this dresser, it was questionable at best when I bought it, but the price was right and it’s a Drexel so…
- CUSTOM DESIGNED TABLE RUNNERS and PLACEMATS – Kitchen design ideas – Dining room design ideas – If you cant quite find that perfect looking table placemats or table runners in the big box stores because they lack the variety, consider making exactly what you want. Windows Dressed Up in Denver has over 3,000 fabrics to choose from. Consider several styles for the change of seasons & holidays. More decorating ideas on our site or visit our Denver showroom & talk to a Certified Interior Designer.
- Use cheap egg foam mattress covers instead of that expensive thick foam at fabric stores -great for DIY headboards and other projects! genius!
- DYI headboard. I bought a curtain from west elm to cover a queen size headboard instead of buying expensive fabric, it gave me a luxurious and expensive looking headboard
- When Avery started crawling, we bought a baby gate for the top of the basement stairs. At the time, I was looking for the least ugly option that would fit the opening. We realized later that not on…
- DIY upholstered headboard ~ I have had one of these partially done for years now … meaning I have the board with my chosen fabric draped over it. I need to get my batting and foam and finally put the thing together!
- DIY Vintage Soda Crate Tutorial | Includes great painting/aging tips and more (using her Silhouette to cut out the stencils)
- Camping tip , when taking eggs to go camping instead of them breaking in the cooler ( like me ) Take a plastic bottle and a funnel crack 1 or 2 eggs at a time gently shake your bottle and mark 1 egg, 2 eggs, etc.. until you have as many eggs as you need. I used a coffee mate creamer bottle but you can use any kind of plastic bottle I also 1/2 freeze these as well to keep them colder longer in the cooler if I dont plan on using them the same day ~Frisky