Photo via: gardenchic.xyz
You may also be interested in 🙂
- My grandma taught me this many years ago. Refreshing towels I use this trick all the time since I noticed my towels smelling funky. It works! – Over time, towels build up detergent and fabric softener, leaving them unable to absorb as much water and smelly. Recharge them by washing them once with hot water and 1cup vinegar, then a 2nd time with hot water and half cup baking soda. This strips the residue and leaves them fresh and able to absorb more water again. Works like a charm! – sublime-d…
- Every great sleep begins with great sheets. Brooklinen has created a whole line of luxuriously comfortable sheets, pillows and comforters that will make your entire bed feel like the cool side of the pillow. Shop them all at Brooklinen.com.
- Make Febreze. Cheaper/no phthalates w/eco friendly fabric softener, not phthalate ridden product like Downey. Chemicals in Febreze DONT BREAK DOWN in environment, why smell lingers. INGREDIENTS: 1/8 Cup of fabric softener, 2 tablespoons Baking Soda, Hot tap water, Spray bottle (you can use an empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)
- Tack strips are the secret to clean, crisp lines in upholstery projects. This is a handy guide on how to use them.
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher. I will have to do this before I move out of my apt to help me get all my deposit back. A burnt pan got smoky looking black stuff on the walls of it :/
- Add a cup of baking soda to the toilet, leave it for an hour, and then flush. It will clean the toilet and absorb the odor. This site also has 75 other uses for baking soda! – Click image to find more Home Decor Pinterest pins
- Carpet cleaner. I used it and it works very well. Youd think with the peroxide that it would bleach the carpet out, but I was at that point with my carpet (it needs to be replaced but we dont have the $$$) where it didnt matter either way. It works! Then I went over it with my steam mop. My carpet definitely looks better!!!
- Camping tip , when taking eggs to go camping instead of them breaking in the cooler ( like me ) Take a plastic bottle and a funnel crack 1 or 2 eggs at a time gently shake your bottle and mark 1 egg, 2 eggs, etc.. until you have as many eggs as you need. I used a coffee mate creamer bottle but you can use any kind of plastic bottle I also 1/2 freeze these as well to keep them colder longer in the cooler if I dont plan on using them the same day ~Frisky
- Vinegar lemon juice baking soda and water to clean. Let sit for a few minutes
- Tonight will be the third night of sleeping in my newly decorated master bedroom. I dont like to wish time away… but Ill admit Ive checked the clock a few too many times tonight. Yawn. Wishing you sweet dreams my friends. May tomorrow greet you with kindness and may you spread that kindness to everyone you meet. aninspirednest
- How To Clean Mold In Your Shower … CelluCotton Beauty Coil 10ft. … $1.00/bag … use this soaked in bleach pressed into the moldy caulk in your bathtub, leave overnight to remove the mold … its sold at Sally Beauty Supply … see blog http://www.thisblessedlife.net/2012/02/getting-mold-out-of-showerbefore-after.html for information ……… DIY cleaning mold bathroom caulk removemold howto tips
- I showed you yesterday how we built a bed for B and then improved upon some issues such as extending the height. Thats not all I was busy with this weekend. I also re-upholstered his headboard. I bought some real upholstery fabric in Denmark the year before last. It is strikingly similar in color to the fabric that I put on his old headboard that you see here. There is a huge difference in the texture, quality and the new fabric has backing on it that makes it really sturdy. Most of all I ….