Photo via: frugaltexasdiva.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- diy tufted headboard… want to make one for my dorm next year but for the long side of the bed so it looks like a daybed 🙂
- We’re back to the Summer Tutorial Series today! Here’s where we’ve been: Week 1: Java Gel Stain Tutorial Week 2: Painting Laminate Furniture Week 3: Color Washing Tutorial Week 4: Wood Stain Tutorial And today’s is fabulous. It’s all about that glam metallic look that is so popular today! Let’s call it “glitter for grown-ups”, also known as Pearl Effects. Today I’m making over this dresser, it was questionable at best when I bought it, but the price was right and it’s a Drexel so…
- Camping tip , when taking eggs to go camping instead of them breaking in the cooler ( like me ) Take a plastic bottle and a funnel crack 1 or 2 eggs at a time gently shake your bottle and mark 1 egg, 2 eggs, etc.. until you have as many eggs as you need. I used a coffee mate creamer bottle but you can use any kind of plastic bottle I also 1/2 freeze these as well to keep them colder longer in the cooler if I dont plan on using them the same day ~Frisky
- Image via A very narrow room, but it works well as a sewing studio – the living curtain idea is fantastic – and then theres the FLOOR! Image via DIY Curtain Tie I need this for the mas
- Do you identify yourself as a procrastinator? Many people do and it can be a huge problem for them. Others also identify as procrastinator but accept it, just as the way things are and have made peace with it. Either way, when you put things off, until the tension and discomfort builds, you are creating powerful blocks to living your best life.
- How to Fold a Fitted Sheet the Easy Way – angsays.wordpress.com – this really works – its how Ive been folding my fitted sheets for years – then I put it with the flat sheet and a pillow case and put the whole thing in another pillow case. Easy to store on a linen shelf.
- Why didnt I think of this? I couldnt find the tutorial, but I imagine that you just need to use plywood, fabric of your choice, staple gun, wood glue, and an extra sheet of plywood to put the squares up against. Looks simple enough! Next project?!
- My grandma taught me this many years ago. Refreshing towels I use this trick all the time since I noticed my towels smelling funky. It works! – Over time, towels build up detergent and fabric softener, leaving them unable to absorb as much water and smelly. Recharge them by washing them once with hot water and 1cup vinegar, then a 2nd time with hot water and half cup baking soda. This strips the residue and leaves them fresh and able to absorb more water again. Works like a charm! – sublime-d…
- I showed you yesterday how we built a bed for B and then improved upon some issues such as extending the height. Thats not all I was busy with this weekend. I also re-upholstered his headboard. I bought some real upholstery fabric in Denmark the year before last. It is strikingly similar in color to the fabric that I put on his old headboard that you see here. There is a huge difference in the texture, quality and the new fabric has backing on it that makes it really sturdy. Most of all I ….
- I showed you yesterday how we built a bed for B and then improved upon some issues such as extending the height. Thats not all I was busy with this weekend. I also re-upholstered his headboard. I bought some real upholstery fabric in Denmark the year before last. It is strikingly similar in color to the fabric that I put on his old headboard that you see here. There is a huge difference in the texture, quality and the new fabric has backing on it that makes it really sturdy. Most of all I …
- Tonight will be the third night of sleeping in my newly decorated master bedroom. I dont like to wish time away… but Ill admit Ive checked the clock a few too many times tonight. Yawn. Wishing you sweet dreams my friends. May tomorrow greet you with kindness and may you spread that kindness to everyone you meet. aninspirednest
- DIY headboard diyheadboard I made this with photo frames on sale at cvs and kohls. Padded it with twin mattress foam and picked out my favorite fabric from the market. Used a staple gun to hold it together. TADA. Budget depends on how extravagant you want to make it. This can range from $35-$90+ (I spent $68 on EVERYTHING – including staple gun). Merry thrifting! girlonabudget